Sunday, April 07, 2019

|| Learning New Tech

6. Learning new technology (life event story #2)

My story of learning technology is not that glory one, I am not an early adopter, and often times, I am forced into a certain new thing out of necessity.  1) Cathy called me to make several copies for her 9am meeting 2) operate the consoles for video conferencing, VGA, HDMI ... 3) more recently, teams post priorities in confluence, Gantt chart becomes JIRA, models moved to GitHub, vintage cube discontinued ... they are in CAP so you need Teradata or snowflakes, HR dashboard goes to snowflakes.

What keeps me going with positive thinking 1) I recognize all good things may come to the end of life so 2) I trust that human beings are smart animals, we have to see the brighter side before we jump in there 3) I am a curious person, I ask a lot of questions, I am also willing to try new things to have my own judgment for its potentials 4) I want to look like a contemporary person and that means I have to keep up with the new things in society.

No comments: