Saturday, April 29, 2006

|| Meeting new people

It's like my senior year in college, but there does not exist a known end of my journey here in the west creek campus. I met new people, quite a few, just recently, after the merging of the infrastructure team. There should be little expectation, perhaps, in making acquaintances from office spaces, 'cause the setting does not offer encouragement of developing mutual affection of the characters. It obviously doesn't.

I was putting up my faces, this past week, with a guy from the GFS team, a relatively new hire, sounded like that we actually came from the same city (I'm trying very heard to conceal that), with some same experience in Bank of China. His wife is having a baby due in October, but wishes to start her own quest for a life by going to the school to study accounting/finance. The guy has very little drive in his work, little taste in life, not decided, dreadfully lacking in making an impression and making a connection. He complained that "shrimp is expensive ... ", that amused me during the entire work week.

Funny that people always ask me whether I am new. I dread people referrirng me as the most senior in the team (Stan), or staying many years with the company (Paul). Unfortunately there is nothing that I can prevent that kind of a thought. Chinese are interested in getting the facts straight, even if the conversations need to be intruding, and only two pieces of information, we can project the entire life profile. Our folks have little interest in living, as evidenced by the lack of conversing subjects. Some of the recent new encounters seem to be rather disappointing, as I consider younger people take it well the meaning and the standard of living, more liberal, more invigorating styles. Apparently not.

No comments: