Saturday, April 08, 2006

|| Amazing Rotation

Richmond is a small world, only a handful big companies that can have the appetite for diversity. I am like a party queen, orchestrating this series of gatherings that make each other happy, and tonight is probably the very last one before a new face steps out. Graham told us his first week in Northrop Grumman, very disorganized, chaotic, like a startup company, but you take risks, you have big gains. Rahul's wife asked me about Carter Buxbaum, told Yuan what to think about Wachovia securities ... then greeted Tony as welcoming new colleagues. Very nice!

At the other side of town, today is a host day for the second year of the rotational analyst recruits. I met Matthew, a very Asian looking guy, fresh undergrad. I couldn't help but ask if his family had a tie with the Asian countries. The answer is no, he was adopted. I mean, for years, I see the Americans adopt Chinese babies, and think that their lives become so different and different, and now here is one grown up that I have to really absorb. I am sucked into the swirl of emotions again, as much as I try not to think of the failure, the hardships, the sacrifice, the what for future scare, I cannot hide that I am feeling tired. The only news in the past few weeks is that I finally ended my duty of chauffeuring the new girl as she got her driver's license. Rotating, life is so good with the young and the restless. They all see my as so old, and old and old.

No comments: