Thursday, May 04, 2006

|| Miserable

A series of meetings pop up on my calendar, and I have no clue what they are for, except that the participants are all rather seniors in the department with an operational background. Anmol is also on the invite, and told me it is about lean and agile process and tool, six sigma and green belt. Oh my! But I agree to the meets, together with the service investment return project, I somehow feel like a new me is in the make, and may really have to struggle with my decisions on what works best for me in the future. Oh, so miserable thought.

Bed time reading materials for the week include - US Card IT Agile Initiative, TVO Methodology: Valuing IT Investment via the Gartner Business Performance Framework, Measuring performances in services. They are much more rational but rather less like a finance subject, like the business cases we analyzed in the business school. Great opportunity to get me away from financial management, into business management. And funny that the lean and agile concept, once a source of cost initiatives for manufacturing industries, could get into the minds of the more sophisticated service industries that have nothing but people, a world of conflicts, confrontation and disagreement.

I like the idea, that I don't have to regret not passing the exams. They represent problems that have real solutions, so they are less credited, compared to those that have no final answer, but stay fine in a world full of incompleteness, disappointment. People like exams don't like making people happy; People make others happy don't like those who like exams. I used to think that I am one of a group, and now change my mind. I'm afraid that I was forced, after my own failures, then I was allowed to focus on the other side. Amazingly people turn their fortunes around live through difficulties and show tough characters. I take some pleasure by this inner quality of mine, the official language would've been, unlocked my own potentials.

8:30am meeting is very odious, despite the tension, I stand up for myself, and for the team that I am working with. I look down weak characters that do not acknowledge their own failures or incompetency. Years passed, and I am happy where I stand right now, and I wish that the weather stays very fine with my days.

No comments: