Sunday, November 07, 2004

|| Weekend Night Shift

Had to wake up around 6am today to catch up with a friend who happened to be on a night shift on this Saturday. I was wishing that I could get up even earlier to do a 5am jog in the Deep Run park. No, I couldn't do that, but had to take some credits in the good will thinking.

I need to straighten out the basics on banking in general, which amazingly took an entire hour. Just recently I found that my comprehension over the phone is getting rusted. My mother was reading the newspaper for me, and I wasn't sure what she meant for. And this friend of mine, who spoke even faster and with a lower voice tone, totally confused me in the first 15 minutes of his advising, but fortunately, through phrasing and rephrasing, we then understood the questions and answers.

We then turned to the "moral values". I knew I was very outdated in terms of having an open mind, but honestly I had had very few examples, because my observations and imaginations were heavily biased towards my experiences this summer. The most shocking was about the roles of the newly wed women in other people's wedding ceremonies, also the attitudes of the men on having affairs.

I then asked, "where do you think that I should improve in being a person in real life?", staying quiet instead of asking questions, pretending to be needy instead of knowing everything, or what else. The answer is no, I shouldn't have to change anything on me, but I need to find a person who thinks that these characteristics are all positive merits. Unfortunately not too many of those in this world, or in that world would agree to that. Thinking back, I always went through this phase of the relationship that the mismatching habits on the other person became all the more intolerable, so severe that the overall impression on the other person turned into being negative. What I need now is a phase like that to get over the shadows and start new, but I can't.

He also gave it a shot on my million dollar question on the millennium. I knew it was for the good of me. I knew it was actually an easy one. We are in different buckets now, so we could keep our composure while proposing solutions on personal matters like this.

The call center was rather empty, then a girl came, turning on the shortwave radios and I could hear her giggling in the background. I am no longer a shanghai babe.

Then it was time for my friend to start his night shift.

No comments: