Tuesday, November 16, 2004

|| Leaving Overlook II

7:30pm, I was packing two boxes of things in the Overlook II building, while awaiting for a reply from the moving administrator. I totally overlooked the moving communication message and didn't know where I was moving into. But my sentiments were tinted with saddness, amid all of the funny things Bob was saying. Yes, I'm leaving.

I arrived 8am in the morning, and discovered things on my chair. I could not believe that Chris had made an earlier trip to the building and put the things there. So I pulled this glass frame out, and that was his drawing of me, my portrait. It doesn't look like me, but as we joked around later, the frame would eventually become of some use, so I should still keep it. Also there was a purple CD, in a purple case. I mentioned that Maroon 5 has just become my favorite. It just happened (did it just happen again?) that, Harriat, his ex-wife, had just sent him an anniversary gift, the Maroon 5 album. So he made me a CD. We were talking about gifting between the couple yesterday, and I reminded him that Harriat gave him the digital camera years ago.

"Yeah, that was very nice of her", he said, "and of course, she bought the same thing for her boyfriend", and "she is a lovely, lovely lady ... "

So the innocent looking is not innocent after all.

It was a nice touch, purple, song, and maroon. That was a very generous goodbye gesture. I didn't have anything to give ...

Pierre, David, Bob, Chris and I later had lunch together, in a new Chinese restaurant. Michelle, Tony and Andrew were also there. We discussed what could be on the dinner table for the December holiday party. Pierre's message this year was far less appealing, but as we have plenty of new faces in the crew, it would be interesting to see how it turns out. Right after that, a "good luck" cake for Michelle and me.

So it ends like this ...

No comments: