Saturday, October 16, 2004

|| Cell Phone

A rush of blood into the head, and I was backing my car at 30 miles per hour. Cell Phone is the best movie of 2004 that I ever watch, although after watching, I felt my inner strength weakening. It is bad timing, when I actually need that confidence and belief to help make lifetime decisions.

Lies and cheats. I cheated, I was cheated on. If you extend all of this disloyalty to relationships outside the romantic ones, aren't we dealing with that in our every day life? And how many lies and cheats can we succeed before they eventually blow up? Oh, they blow up, get yourself used to it.

I feel cold because it is so real. The husband cheated on the wife, who discovered the affair via a cell phone text message, and they got divorced. The then bachelor cheated on the new girlfriend, who discovered the old connection between the divorced couple via a new cell phone he purchased for the ex-wife. The man cheated again on the girlfriend with his old love interest, and eventually the girlfriend left the man (she had to) after seeing a love-making picture taken via the girl's cell. The world is a temptation island.

The cell phone culture is an interesting one. I purchased one the very next day I landed in Shanghai in August. Just as Mom described in an early letter, lovely girls read and write text messages in public transits, and I was doing the same thing. If I felt bored, I would fire away messages. Did I ever write anything inappropriate? I didn't feel like it, but outsiders may have a different judgment. But I did recieve sensitive messages from old boyfriends, and I had to delete them before my next meets (some of them have acute curiosity syndromes). Don't be stupid, we just said things, so we can be pardoned.

Isn't it a big lie and we become increasingly good at it when we say "I love you forever"? When I heard that he no longer loves me, I thought, How could he? Later, I just bit the bullet and had to think that he no longer loves me. So what am I supposed to be thinking now that he says I miss you. A big and fat lie. So I lied back. The world is full of lies.

No comments: