Saturday, July 23, 2011

|| Survival Theory

A few more hours and I'm officially one year older. It's dreadful to think about age and aging, but life leaves no time to be depressed, so let me celebrate my surviving this past year of good life, and wish that I could be here celebrating another soon enough.

It's a Saturday, scorching heat outside, 105F. It has been better concentrating, a lot of reading, some conspiring, a little pondering for the birthday and for the weekend. My concentration problem has always been with people, they distract me and I'm sure the distraction isn't reciprocal. I'm interested in knowing people but these days everyone is cryptic, so decoding and imagining. The imagining part is what I disliked myself for 'cause I'd like to think people whoever come to my way are perfections of their species, but they are not. They have various professions, techniques, styles and faults. I tend to be that selfish creature but have retreated to a dangerous place that I don't ask for what I want but instead imagine that I'm getting what I want. It's distracting and morose (picked up this word from our CFO, after his all-hands on phone about pressure). But I also see what could get myself back again, that is, work and wisdom. Indeed that's the best medicine for the concentration problem.

Introductory Statistics, Econometrics, Probability, BASEL, parabolic, polynomial, univariate, multivariate, capital adequacy, supervisory review and market transparency ... it's somewhat easier when pressure is around, and I am concentrating. 2/3 of the distractions are disappearing, but I am doing badly and wanting to salvage the 1/3 disappeared. No, let's not do that, I'm saying that to myself ... on 7/23/2011.

No comments: