Thursday, September 03, 2009

|| A summer day at Lake of the Woods

I put up my two hands for returning to this beautiful place for this quarter's team event. Cathy agreed to lend us her parents' beach house, such hospitality and generosity. So on this very fine and pleasant early September Thursday, we came back to the Lake of the Woods.

Same was the house, the dock, the boats .... water was shiny and wavy, gorgeous weather accompanied us, several of us took the plunge into the water, tubing. I did canoeing and peddling boat, for some time, we just let the boat float and sat there talking. Can't ask for more than what we could have for the day, only that the thoughts haven't changed, neither the circumstances. Time passed and passed one year, and there was not a single advancement but I always thought I was fortunate to have it and have it again.

Listening to Debussy's Clare de lune, I thought the music flows as if it takes me back to a lake in the woods, peaceful and melancholy.





No comments: