Sunday, September 13, 2009

|| Lake Anna

It's a natural legacy of outdoor activities and water programs that the state of Virginia offers its residents and visitors in all these state parks. Today's visit is Lake Anna, located 3miles off of HW208 between W64-N95. We passed N522, and I'm declaring that it's the most beautiful drive this summer. The roads are very clean and bright, most of them are covered in the woods and there are two places where the trees completely covered the sky and become secluded from the outside. I drove very fast however the roads meander a lot, but what's the fun of driving some plain interstate highways anyway~~ I reminded my mother that the scenes from the movies and such about beautiful cars driving in wooded single lane roads are just like what we were doing. I hope she understands.

Lake Anna is beautiful, and huge. The water has been very well protected. The build-out around the visitor area wants to promote a strong conservation ethic. We walked the Rail Road Fork trail, and often times went off track to the water front. The blue sky and clouds of a day like this are enhancing the beauty of the site. Boat owners and riders were busy docking or undocking their boats with heavy Ford trucks, mostly middle-aged couple with several young kids.

On the way back, we stopped by one of the marinas. There were some people hovering around their boats, restocking and refueling. It must be a joy ride.

The summer is coming to an end. I am participating in this leadership workshop and one of the prep question is to describe a recent moment that I feel good for myself. I thought for a bit, decided that I have been committed to going outdoors and discovering new things all summer long, quite a change for the past several years. I should be proud.




No comments: