Saturday, May 09, 2009

|| Picking Strawberries

What a tiresome week, but here comes the weekend, and I went to the chesterfield berry farm and picked strawberries. It wasn't easy road, 288-N to Hull Street. I missed the gas station and came to the farm market first. Disappointed, I was only finding unfrozen fruit and vegetables, more expensive than the regular grocery stores. But I did pick up a few nice looking red patatoes and corns. The roads became more difficult and for a while I was the only one riding up and down the hills, but the views were very fine and gorgeous. In between the tall trees, beautiful houses were hidden there, huge grounds and quiet lands. The berry farm was located at the end of the Pear Orchard road.

The admission ticket was $5, it was worth it. The farm staged quite a few country side circles and made you believe that you arrived in the middle of a traditional farming country. Hay rides by the tractor truck was bumpy but was fun, and we were taken to the miles and miles of the cultured berry lands. Strawberries were so adorable, some were full in ripe in mature red, others are medium red, and they were in all kinds of shapes. Strawberries were still in bloom, it was white little blossom, and underneath it all the dear strawberries.



I picked up $15.70 worth of strawberries, an almost full basket.

And finally I could not let it pass but ordered a strawberry milkshake (the thickest I've ever tasted, must be full of banana, strawberry and milk). It was a blast, and a memorable day for the mother's day!


No comments: