Thursday, June 14, 2007

|| Taking portraits

This summer feels like a long vacation, when will it end, maybe a chainsaw will change everything, but it would be bloody, tearful. There has been a picture that resonates me the past few years, partly because I looked up from my work place and I saw the broken body parts and it sickened me. It was black and white, couldn't tell whether it came from photography or carbon paintings, but they were apparently not pretty to be seen. The body parts, you don't imagine that they could happen to people, but in real life, the real bad news never kills slowly. Why should I think of body parts? If I am somehow broken into pieces, I may be better being pulled up again but as a better person. Needless to say, I had been completely taken over by stupidity. I have no brain, and now everything drains.

The heat was relatively mild, and in the middle of it, I paid a long overdue visit to a friend in Maryland. The elderly couple always had big smiles, along with the younger ones. I often say that simplicity yields more satisfaction, but often times, we make things difficult for ourselves. There are people who simplify the unevenness and the darkness, there are others who complicate the easiness and never let go things that are really undeserving. One way or the other, focus on the today and the tomorrow.

I was forced to sit for portraits in the basement studio, and these are precious memories of friends and families.





No comments: