Saturday, May 21, 2011

|| Gardening @ Maymont

My first neighbor in the Gables always carried a book when I saw him checking in and out of his living pad. By his account, Maymont was his favorite place to spend a Sunday afternoon, reading and overlooking the mass grassy lands where old trees stayed on top. I may not have understood him entirely, I was somehow more mobile back then, eager to hop around to new places. I used to enter the park from the nature and exhibit center, determined that the park was too enormous to explore in a single trip therefore had always been modest and wanting nothing other than one area of the land at a time.

After 2008, the Hampton Street became my choice of parking, since then Japanese Garden, Italian Garden and the Mansion became my favorites. Again, the land is massive, and I've never attempted to get back to where I started, 'cause it was impossible to walk to the other end of the world, especially in the summer weather, and it did wear me out a couple times. So this year I am coming in the late May month when the daylight isn't as harsh. Finally this has offered me the opportunity of seeing how big the land is, it is really not as unconquerable as what I thought of. Amazing landscape, gardens, exhibits of the birds, goat, sheep, pig, chicken, fox ... it was my mind who couldn't put them together, but they do come together beautifully.

No comments: